This is another technological preview of NativeOS containing work done in the month of January 2022.
Here are the new features:
- A new device driver for clocks. The system can now read the date and time from the computer clock.
- A virtual console. It is possible to switch virtual consoles using keys F1 to F8.
- A root file system. It is a special virtual volume that list other mounted volumes.
- A TAR file system. It mounts TAR files in read only mode.
- An init ramdisk built on top of the TAR file system for the initial files required to boot.
Also, the following bugs were fixed:
- Fixed a bug that prevented the operating system booted on 386 and 486 processors.
- Fix some minor bugs in some device drivers.